I would say that the person who has had the biggest influence on my life is probably my dad. My dad was raised with parents who made him work for everything he ever had. He attended A&M university and paid his whole way through school himself, by working three jobs. This seems almost impossible to me considering how much trouble i have with just keeping up with my homework during the week. He has always been a hard worker, and always does his best at anything he is doing. He told me a story one time that one of his jobs was to pick up trash from four in the morning until one in the afternoon. He made such little money that when he went to the corner store to buy himself lunch he has spent all the money he had made working hard that morning. This story made me realize how easy i have it and it motivates me to do my best at everything. My dad is very successful in his civil engineering job now, and is constantly getting promoted.
My dad has influenced me by all of this by showing me how much hard work can pay off. I know that if i work at anything that i will be able to achieve my goals. I strive to do my best at everything i do because i know that's what my dad would do. This motivation I'm hoping will help me get into A&M next year.
My mom paid her way through college as well! She had a full time job while being a full time student, we are so blessed to not have to do that
ReplyDeleteI agree with Reese, I don't think I'd be able to handle 3 jopbs while attending school. Your dad's story is inspiring! :)
ReplyDelete